Past and Upcoming Events
Past and Upcoming events related to the Port Sub and the entire E&N Railway are posted here.
- Reminder that our meetings are held every 3 months ~ Feburary | May | August / November ~ 11:00 am at Grace United Church (next to Goats on the Roof on Hwy 4A) in Coombs.
- Our E&N Division held our 5th annual Christmas Party in Duncan at the Forestry Discovery Centre on Dec 2,2017. This being the first time the Discovery Centre hosted a dinner with caterers went very well. Members and guests were served a wonderful turkey dinner with all the trimmings, and even a Steam Train ride around the park with Christmas Theme.
- Thanks to everyone who attended and a special thanks to members Glenn Migneault and Jack Peake for organizing the event and Forestry Discovery Centre staff for an amazing evening!
- We are already planning our dinner again for 2018 at the Forestry Discovery Centre.
- The Qualicum Beach Station 100th Anniversary (1914-2014) was a huge success. The August 23rd community planned event was well organized and attended. A special thank you, to our E&N Division member Rick Barnum for his many dedicated hours and suggestions to make the railway portion of the event run smoothly. Our Division provided railway displays and our many volunteers handled well over two hundred speeder rides with safety and enthusiasm. Thank you all for making this an event for the history books!
To all our Train Guys:
WOW....... I'm actually somewhat speechless. What a great job. Thank you and to each and everyone of the amazing volunteers who made this day happen. It could not have been more perfect. Sherri ~ Event Planner
- Roundhouse Centennial - Bayview Place presented the Victoria Roundhouse Centennial Celebration October 19 & 20th, 2013 - The E&N Division, CRHA and EETG was in attendance with our equipment and photos, information and handouts at our table as well as speeder rides, which were very popular. CN Police were also present with Operation Lifesaver. For more information visit Bayview Place online: Click Here
- Qualicum Beach Family Days - On Sunday May 26th, we attended the Qualicum Beach Family Days. We were in the parade with EETG Hi-Rail 301 and Speeder 16-003. We also had our E&N Division CRHA table set up with a static heritage display and information and photos on the EETG. Operation Lifesaver information and handouts were also present under the tent.
- Coombs Family Day - Monday February 11th, 2013 ~ Our first Family Day at the Coombs Fair Grounds was a great success. The Coombs Community put on a first class event. We provided our speeders and hi-rail for display. A 1:00 Horn Blast to start the event. We also had a static heritage display and a focus on Operation LifeSaver. We had over a thousand visitors and handed out much information on Track Safety and the work the volunteers have done over the past four and a half years on the Port Sub. Thanks again to the volunteers who came out to help.
- Nanaimo Train Station Grand Re-opening - Past Events. On Wednesday July 25th, 2012 ~ E&N Division was in Attendance with info on the Port Alberni Subdivision project and other various displays of heritage value and island railway importance.
- NARCOA Speeder Tour over Port Alberni Subdivision - July 23rd & 24th, 2012 ~ Photos in database under 'events'
- 34th Vancouver Island Spring Model train Show, Beban Park Auditorium, Nanaimo,BC, Sun, April 22nd, 2018, 10:00am to 4:00pm, 2300 Bowen Road
Victoria Model Train Show
Juan de Fuca Recreation Centre
1767 Island Highway, Colwood,BC
Sunday May 27,2018
10 - 4pm Door Prizes, Operating Model Railroads, Popular Vote Contest
The E&N's 125th was a great success! Special thanks to all who attended and helped out!
Size : 14632.473 Kb
Type : pdf
NARCOA Motorcar Run
North American Railcar Operators Association (NARCOA) were riding the rails last weekend (Sept. 12/10) on the Port Sub as part of their tour of the E&N Railway. Sit back and relax while you enjoy 60 minutes of different speeders in different locations along the line...